Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If you don't mind takin' it like it turns out, it's a fine life!

Today's Title: Oliver! (in all the awesomeness from my childhood that it is)

Not entirely sure why I am posting today. Seems like everyone else has been making all these deep and contemplative posts about the past and future. Kinda feel like jumping on the band wagon. But that's not all it either. I think it partially 'cause I'm bored out of my mind. I also kind of feel like writing...but I don't have any good ideas and I know perfectly well that I'd be too self-conscious to share anyways, so why bother.

I suppose most of the contemplation comes from everyone getting ready for the plunge of starting a new phase of life.

I also feel I should put in a disclaimer here. This is just me being bored and musing, so don't expect anything particularly interesting or deep. Read on only if you want to listen to me think.

Anywho, back to college. I'm looking forward to it mostly 'cause I'm sick of the same old thing. I've always been like that. I have problems with being stuck in ruts. It seems to happen all the time and it always makes me want to do something unusual and unexpected. Unfortunately, most of the things people don't expect me to do are actually things I won't do so there goes that idea. This year hasn't been as bad as others. Last year was the worst for being stuck in ruts. Last year sucked balls. Not that my family has completely pulled its shit together again, but its less dysfunctional than before. Amazing how that works isn't it. Still wouldn't stay here if you paid me. Getting out for the better part of a year is something.

But enough of that. I've complained far too much about that in the past and it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon, so why bother. The thing I've really been thinking about lately is what I'm taking with me. Not just physical items either, but emotional baggage as well. It seems to go hand in hand to a certain extent. The items I take kind of show what parts of my personality I'm willing to put on display. Those that stay behind I don't necessarily have to show to the new people I meet. To a certain extent, college is a chance to start over. Maybe I don't have to be the awkward kid who can't seem to get a date. Not that I'm unhappy with who I am, but really, who doesn't want to dump some of the images they've gathered over a lifetime?

Other thing of late: Disney movies. I remembered just how awesome they are. Might also have led to unrealistic expectations in people. Never thought of it that way, but its true.

Why can't life have more adventure in it? Stupid imagination. Makes me want things I can't have.

I'm just ranting now. Then again, I did warn you.

Maybe I should write. I put together a rough sketch of a couple chapters, but it seemed like crap so I stopped. The problem is I feel bad. Everyone else writes things that mean something. Mine are just stories. Nothing necessarily lingering under the surface. Is that bad? I suppose not. But still.

I'm kind of tired, but I don't want to sleep. Seem to do that a lot.

Could read. Maybe will. Maybe not. S'not like I don't already know the plot by heart. Not much else to do though.

Blogs are such a stupid idea. Why am I even doing this? As if people want to listen to me decide what I'm going to do with the rest of my night.

And on that note I'm going to sign off. I probably wouldn't even post this, but I wasted an hour on it so I might as well.

G'night.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Paige, have you read my story? That's not deep, that's sci-fi. More importantly, it's circle oriented sci-fi. If you're gonna write, just write what comes out. It doesn't have to be deep, or meaningful. It's a conduit for you, not for anyone else.

Wow... that felt odd... I need to stop with the coffee....